Construction & Engineering
- Member of the Scottish Building Contract Committee (SBCC) Drafting Committee.
- Acting for SBCC in preparing the Scottish versions of the JCT 2005 suite of contracts, and revisions including the 2009 Revision and the 2011 Edition.
- Preparing the ACE 2009 Scottish Appointments.
- Advising on European procurement issues in relation to framework contracts with public authorities and RSLs.
- Acting for insurers in claims involving professional negligence in relation to engineers, architects, planning consultants and surveyors.
- Acting for private individuals in claims against engineers, architects, contractors and sub contractors.
- Representing employers, contractors and consultants in claims for recovery of payment.
- Acting for administrators in the administration of insolvent contractors.
- Acting for insurers in complex multi party disputes relating to damage to property and defects.
- Representing water treatment plant engineers in a series of adjudications in relation to claims for delay in several projects across the Western Isles.
- Presenting seminars to large civils contractors, consultants and other construction professionals particularly through RICS.