20 January 2021
The Scottish Government has opened a survey following up on its 2019 consultation on possible changes to Charity Law in Scotland.
The survey is currently online at:
The survey focuses on 6 proposals for charities registered in Scotland:
- Publishing annual reports and accounts in full for all charities
- An internal database and external register of charity trustees
- Criteria for automatic disqualification of charity trustees and senior managers
- Empowering the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) to issue positive directions to charities
- Removal from the register if charities persistently fail to submit annual reports and accounts
- All charities in the register to have and retain a connection in Scotland
The survey closes on 19 February 2021.
They want to hear from you - people working in and with the charity sector.
If you would like to discuss the implications of any of the proposals, please contact:
Marion Davis, Senior Associate & Accredited Charity Law Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0141 221 8012.