28 October 2019
This week is National Fertility Week from 28 October – 3 November 2019. The main focus of the week is to put a media spotlight on infertility which is an issue faced by 1 in 6 couples in the UK.
Beverley Addison is BTO's specialist in fertility law, including the law of surrogacy, IVF and becoming parents in a modern family. In support of Fertility Week and those affected by infertility, Beverley will be running a series of daily blogs answering the most common questions about fertility law.
The blogs will look at different types of fertility law as follows:
- Monday 28 October 2019, Blog 1: Becoming Parents via Assisted or Donor Conception – Your Questions Answered
- Tuesday 29 October 2019, Blog 2: Becoming Parents via Surrogacy – Your Questions Answered
- Wednesday 30 October 2019, Blog 3: Becoming Parents as a Female Same-Sex Couple – Your Questions Answered
- Thursday 31 October 2019, Blog 4: Becoming Parents as a Male Same-Sex Couple – Your Questions Answered
- Friday 1 November 2019, Blog 5: Employment Considerations when Creating a Family – Your Questions Answered
Beverley is a Solicitor and trained Collaborative Practitioner within BTO Solicitors LLP’s Family Law team. She specialises in helping people create families and become parents, with a niche knowledge of the law of surrogacy and assisted conception in particular.
Beverley has a range of experience in this field from advising both intended parents and surrogates in the UK on their legal rights and responsibilities, to advising parents intending to, or recently returning from, surrogacy abroad. Jurisdictions have included the Ukraine, Bulgaria, California and India. She also advises fertility clinicians on the legal and regulatory background of fertility services.
Most recently, Beverley appeared on STV’s Scotland Tonight programme discussing the changes in the law on surrogacy.
You can follow Beverley’s daily blogs here: https://www.btofamilylaw.co.uk/blog/
Contact: Beverley Addison firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 0141 221 8012