Procuring Services, Goods & Works
BTO's team has a range of skills in both contentious and non-contentious procurement. We take a pragmatic approach to procurement ensuring compliant tender exercises and supporting our clients as they navigate through the tender process.
Our aim is to provide you with the successful outcome that you are looking for and value for money, within agreed timescales, having gained a full understanding of your objectives at the outset.
We work with clients from a variety of sectors and our experience has shown that procurement can and should be a fair, positive and often innovative experience, ultimately enhancing your business, whether you are procuring or submitting a tender.
Our team’s expertise ranges from drafting notices, invitation to tender documents and attending negotiation meetings, to assisting in the evaluation of tender returns, debriefs and drafting award letters. We are also experienced in acting for private sector organisations in bidding, for example for construction work under EU regulations, and in advising aggrieved providers in their ‘rejections’.
In addition, BTO can act as a ‘facilitator’ for you, referring matters to our experienced legal contacts in England and Wales, as and when required, and out with the UK via our membership of the Mackrell International network - one of the world’s premier networks of independent legal firms located in 60 countries: www.mackrell.net
- Compliance with and interpretation of both sets of legal regimes (EU and Scottish)
- Production of procurement policies
- Advice on procurement in the context of site acquisition and development
- Procurement documentation, e.g. terms of contract attached to ITT
- Community Benefit Clauses (CITB approved) and drafting of contractual provisions to capture these
- Running competitive dialogue and negotiated procedure
- Award, debrief and standstill period issues
- Staff considerations/TUPE implications
- Litigating procurement matters
- Assessment of bids received
- Adding value to tender submissions
Contact: Marion Davis, Senior Associate firstname.lastname@example.org / T. 0141 221 8012
"It is their combination of technical mastery with commercial realism that differentiates bto from the competition."BTO Client
"the best...for integrating different legal services, to ensure a seamless, professional yet affordable product."BTO Client
"exceptionally customer-focussed and ... always looking for ways to improve the service we receive."BTO Client