BTO’s market leading casualty and motor claims team is looking for new recruits who will handle cases on behalf of clients and insurance companies with the purpose of defending and negotiating settlement.
Caseloads can include both litigation and pre litigation work so experienced knowledge of the Compulsory Pre-Action protocol and Sheriff Court personal injury court procedures is essential. Experience of simple procedure would also be beneficial.
Our new team members will be responsible for assessing issue of liability and quantum in a range of different cases. Specialist knowledge of credit hire cases is desired. The majority of our cases are motor but there are also EL and PL claims so knowledge of casualty claims of that nature would also assist.
The role involves client reporting, reserving, keen negotiation of claims settlements and costs, maintaining standards against client SLAs and KPIs and data capture to allow management information reporting centrally.
Essential knowledge, training and experience required:
- Broad experience of personal injury insurance claims.
- Sound judgement commensurate with experience.
- Highly organised, with ability to prioritise and work efficiently to strict deadlines ensuring high attention to detail
- Good time management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and relationship-building
- Proficiency on MS Office systems, with experience of using Practice Management IT systems
The post holder will have frequent external communication with insurance brokers, the insured, witnesses, the Police etc., and constant engagement with claimant agents, solicitors and clerks of court where litigated.
There is a high volume case load with strict adherence to client protocols and timelines. Personal Injury claims can be highly contentious and therefore good relationship skills are key.
Although work is supervised by Solicitors, the post holder is expected to work autonomously and liaise directly with clients and the Insured.
How to Apply (please click on links)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Closing date for applications is 5 February 2021